Lemon - skin whitening, remove halitosis, clean air, conversion mood when you are tired, refreshing +
Lemon is a useful essential oil in many ways. Its hemostatic properties help to stop bleeding and, combined with its bactericidal properties, this means that lemon is excellent in a wash for cuts and grazes. It is also detoxifying and good in lymphatic drainage massage. Lemon is a tonic of the circulatory system and cleanses the blood, and it is helpful for varicose veins. Overall, lemon is refreshing, purifying and cleansing.
Its ability to counteract acidity makes lemon useful for rheumatic conditions, gout, arthritis and digestive acidity. Lemon is also useful in skin care to brighten the complexion, and is indicated for oily skin and acne. It helps the body to fight infection and is sprays and burners to prevent the spread of infection.
Psychologically, lemon is radiant, reviving and stimulating. It helps to prevent emotional outbursts and assists in making decisions. Lemon helps spring-clean the mind, bringing clarity and shedding light when the mind has become foggy or confused. Useful in meditation for clearing the mind, lemon also opens the heart.
Use it for
- boosting the immune system
- reinvigorating the mind
- alleviating a cough throat
- soothing a headache
- cleaning the house
Main therapeutic properties
- Direct inhalation: to alleviate the symptoms of a headache, rub a drop of lemon oil between your palms, place hands over your nose, and inhale deeply.
- Home: to make an all-purpose soft scrub cleanser, combine 1/4 cup (50ml) of castile soap, 3/4 cup (180g) of baking soda, 10 drops of lemon, and 10 drops of sweet orange in a jar. To use, apply to surfaces with a damp cloth.
- Mouth care: To ease a sore throat, mix 5 drops of lemon and 1 tablespoon of honey in a cup of warm water. Gargle for 15 seconds and spit it out. Repeat until the cup is empty.
Contraindication: Do not use if you have very sensitive skin, or before exposure to sunlight. Use no more than 3 drops in the barh.
- Scientific Name: Citrus limon
- Family: Rutaceae
- Country of Origin: Italy
- Net Content: 0.34 fl oz/10ml