Mandarin is one of the safest essential oils and is particularly recommended for children and for use during pregnancy. Blended with lavender and neroli in apricot-kernel oil, mandarin helps to reduce stretch marks when massaged daily into the abdomen from the fifth month until childbirth. Overall, it is uplifting, cheering and soothing.
Mandarin has a tonic effect on the digestion, and is good for all digestive upsets. It makes a pleasant addition to massage blends and mood perfumes, bringing a light, gentle, gentle, calming note.
Psychologically, mandarin is strengthening and has a slight hypnotic quality, helping to switch off an overactive mind promoting restful sleep. It has a soft, delicate quality that helps people to connect with their inner child.
Use it for
- supporting sleep
- lifting sprits
- boosting skin health
- relieving indigestion
- cleaning the home
Main therapeutic properties
- Diffusion: for a bit of sunshine during the winter months, diffuse mandarin in the home to create a cheery environment.
- Home: freshen up the air in a room with this aromatic blend: add 5 drops of mandarin, 3 drops of grapefruit, and 2 drops of lavender to 1 cup (250ml) water in a spray bottle. Spray as needed, shaking to blend before each use.
- Skincare: to reap mandarin's skin-softening benefits, add a couple of drops to a single-use amount of your body lotion before applying directly to skin.
Contraindications: Mandarin oil is a photosensitizer; do not use on skin that may be exposed to the sun.
- Scientific Name: Citrus deliciosa
- Family: Rutaceae
- Country of Origin: Italy
- Net Content: 0.34 fl oz/10ml